I purchased a tax preparation and efiling service through Drake Software / Phil Drake owned website 1040.com and all I got was 39.95 deducted from my bank account and lots of headache.
The site gave an unable to connect error a few times while preparing and then when I tried to submit the efile and it kept getting rejected. I called the IRS 3 times and they had me try different things and they finally said their system (1040.com's) was probably messed up and I should submit my return through the mail.
I took their advice and then contacted 1040.com for a refund and explained the situation. They said they would not refund my money. They said their site clearly states no refunds in their TOS which it still doesn't at the time of writing this. I even told them it wasn't in their TOS. Still no refund.
The FTC states your terms should be disclosed clearly and conspicuously in your advertising. This was not and still is not the case. I feel as if I have been entirely ripped off. When I signed up I saw ZERO mention of no refunds. This is a scam.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Tax Service
- Review category
- Tax services
You May Also Like
- "Tidy Tax and Paul Gaulkin signed contract for services without the customers Knowledge and debited 1295.00. Stuart location Romey took 595.00 for tax return resolution and never did my..."
- "My name is Angelique Pierce and unfortunately I have become the victim of the shady practices of Wall & Associates, a company I hired to help me resolve some tax..."
- "My BF went to them, they told him he would be receiving a refund of $2400. After doing the calculations and after speaking to the CRA. The actual amount is..."
- "One of Farm Bureau insurance companies insurers had a tree limb fall on my car...Almost $7500 damage. Don't let those heart warming commercials you see they put on TV fool..."
- "We tried this management company (Reed Real Estate) this year and we were very disappointed. The beach house that we $$$$$ paid for was not accurately portrayed on the..."
- " March 26, 2013 I went to pick up the rental car I had previously purchased through hotwire and during the transaction I was lied to humiliated and blatantly over..."
- "Founder of SPSREVIEWFORUM has been exposed! The founder/criminal behind SPSREVIEWFORUM is located in the Michigan area of the United States. On January 8th 2016 6:55PM (Michigan Marysville Time) she was found..."
- "Like thousands of other people £15 had been taken out of my account for 3 months before I'd noticed. This was because my wife purchased an item of clothing..."
- "Hi, I'd purchased headset from lazada.com.my with details as follows: Order No.: 383836636 Item/Brand: SonicGear Chromatic Light Design X-Craft HP7000 2.1 Gaming Headset Price: RM85 (offer price before disc.) RM76.50 (discounted price using..."